Saturday, May 19, 2007

2nd Kneeboarding wiki post

For my second post on the Kneeboarding page I added a step by step guide on how to complete a trick that I have wondering how to accomplish for some time now. The trick is called a back roll. You hit the wake and essentially do a barrel roll over the entire wake. The edit is as follows:

13.) Back Roll - Make a hard cut toward the wake. One millisecond before you hit the wake, flatten out. Ride up the wake while resisting it (see wake jump). At the top of the wake, and not before, throw your shoulders sideways in the direction of your roll. At the same time, look back over your shoulder and pull the handle to your waist. Your momentum will take you around and then you just need to land. If you are coming up short, you are most likely throwing the trick too soon, letting your arms out, bending at the waist, or not throwing the trick sideways. It is very important to keep your back straight at all times. If you lean forward at all, you will lose your rotation momentum.[http://www.kneeboardplanet.com/instruction/inter/backroll.html]

Clock here to view the edit

1 comment:

Werch said...

Hey, I think it's pretty cool that you mention kneeboarding. I remember kneeboarding at this lake in Minnesota that my family used to go to when I was younger. I've always wanted to do it again, and hopefully I will in the future. I'll have to check out the wiki article on it.